It says something about how well I'm going to be able to resist spoilers this week if I actually finished the quiz after reading question #3:
1. Who is your favourite Bleach character(s)?
Uryuu Ishida.... followed closely by Ryuuken, then everybody else.
2. What is your favorite pairing?
3. Are you a Bleach yaoi, yuri or hentai fan?
You mean het, not hentai. I don't know why I always keep hearing people refer to het as hentai. Hentai can be yaoi or yuri too.
Anyway, all of above.
4. Ever cosplayed Bleach characters? if so, who, where and how many times?
Stealth Orihime once. I wore her hairpins to hold up my kippah to synagogie last year. Pins broke or I'd wear them regularly. Very useful kippah pins.
5. List your collection of Bleach junk and merchandise, if any.
Three Ishida figurines, a bunch of little gashpons, one IshiHime doujin, and my daughter owns a Kon doll.
6. Have you ever felt that you were destined to be with a Bleach character? If so who?
Okaaay, the author of this was fourteen, right?
7. Ichiru or Renkia?
IchiRuki .... followed closely by RenRukia
8. IchiRen or Ichida?
What the hell is an Ichida? Sounds like a Mexican side dish that can give you gas. I prefer IchiIshi.
9. Which Shinigami squad is your favourite?
The Fourth. The meek little helper people who are sekrit bad-asses.
10. Do you support the theory that Urahara is secretly working for Aizen?
OF COURSE NOT. Preposterous theory.
11. Do you support the 'Kurosaki Isshin is Urahara’s brother' theory?
Never heard that. They don't look anything alike.
12. Your favourite Arrancar?
13. Are you pro-Rukia or anti-Rukia?
Why isn't anyone asking "pro Ichigo or anti Ichigo?" Is like Rukia an either you love her or hate her character like Sasuke? How can people not like Rukia? RUKIA IS TEH AWESOME.
14. Have you seen all episodes so far? (including fillers)
Endured first round of fillers. Haven't caught up with second round. The manga hits the spot for me.
15. Have you read all the chapters so far?
Yes, and data books, omake.
16. Do you believe Ichigo has OCD?
17. Sub or dub?
18. Pro-Ishida or Anti-Ishida?
19. Kon = annoying or funny?
For me, Kon is the hidden hero of Bleach; he is everyman; he is Kubo's ID. He never annoys me--or if he does, it's in a good way.
21. Ishida= sexy beast or ugly nerd?
22. Which character would be the best cross-dresser?
I'm going with Ryuuken because I just got an image of those long legs in mesh hose.
23. Chad = weird or awesome?
24. Which character would be best OOC? who and how?
There's a limit to how much OOC I can take. My brain falters at this question. I would like to see Byakuya throw a tantrum, though.
25. Do you like Bleach fanfics?
Yes. The very concept of Bleach fanfic is very likable.
26. Do you write Bleach fanfics?
27. Do you like lemons?
As garnish, with sugar, to suck on and floating in my rum and coke.... of course I like lemons
28. Do your parents know any Bleach characters?
Not by name. But the "guy with glasses" visits on weekends and there's no NOT noticing him.
29. Have you watched the Bleach AMVs?
Some. Not a huge fan of AMVs. Always appreciate a very good one, though.
30. Have you seen any weird Bleach fandubs?
Aren't they all weird?
31. Have you ever got someone else hooked on Bleach?
Oh yes. I proselytize.
32. Have you ever been drawing Bleach in school and have someone recognize it?
I'm going to try this. I'm going to go to the university where hubby teaches, sit in the hallway and draw naked Ishidas and see if anyone notices.
33. Have you ever been in class drawing Bleach and the teacher comes up to you and says "wtf is this?"
Sounds like a bad dream. I'm imagining being in a live figure class and drawing Ishida earlocks on my nudies.
34. Has Bleach affected your school life and grades?
Not in school, but yes, Bleach has affected my life and learning.
35. Are you broke thanks to Bleach?
No. I'm broke for other reasons.
36. Do you want to read the slashfics?
It is no longer a question of desire. It is a matter of compulsion!!
37. Do you support the 'Ishida’s dad is working with Aizen' theory?
What the Hell? Do people really believe this stuff?
38. Do you draw Bleach fanart? If so, count how many there is in your gallery.
Most of my art is Bleach. I have difficulty starting to draw anything else.
39. Is Ichigo sexier shirtless or in bankai?
Bankai. The pimpcoat does wonders for him. He's a sexy boy naked too.
40. Do you have a Bleach OC?
Yes. A couple ones in fic.
41. Looking back at some of your answers, do you think Bleach has taken over your life?
My answers do not even begin to address the Bleachiness of my life.
Can deb resist this week's spoilers?
She has ScorpioWillPower! Believe in her!
Hell no, Ishida's in the chapt this week!
Can YOU resist spoilers?
Why of course.
I hate spoilers.
I try, I fail.
Where do you get your spoilers?
I need to read more IshiHime. I'm going to sponsor a fic contest here. Give away keychains and doujins and stuff.
Morning After the Ball More bad impressionism from me. IshiHime.
Ruminations on Smut
I may have discovered my smut failing. Thanks to kinkmeme (which grossed me out for some reason--and I still couldn't take anonymous requests--it would feel like glory hole sex at an interstate rest area), I've discovered that instead of starting the usual way with smut (put a character in a situation and turn them loose), starting with a sexual image or a perversion you've never thought of using is a good way to stay focused on the sexy. I still recognize good smut when I read it, though, and I wish I could write it without the nuisance of conflict-resolution. The form where the smut description is primary and the nice character stuff is just part of it--I wanna write that.
Also.... is it just my hormones or are there other people out there who skim smut in a story to get to the story?Thinks of Blondie song: "I know a girl from a lonely street, cold as ice cream but still as sweet." If there's a good story involved, I'm often not interested in the smut (!!!)
Years after a vanilla ice cream girl's abhorrence for the truly perverted stuff, I'm now finding it rather fun... as in this is not real, just fun. I'd rather not think of the people who get off on furries but I can now read the stuff with detachment and curiosity. As for discovering ones' own personal kinks through literature--who's done that? Thanks to Ishida issues and an article here and there from fanthropology, I'm getting over my rape fic squick and starting to understand the hurt-comfort dynamic. It was more disturbing when I didn't know WHY I wanted to tie Ishida up. Now I suspect that all writers have serious dominance issues--grab those characters by the hair and MAKE THEM DO WHAT YOU WANT is at the essence of all story-telling, ne?